Sharp Labs of Europe: Placement Student(s) Wanted for 2020-2021

Industrial Placement Student Jack West is a University of Bath Natural Sciences student who will complete his industrial placement year in 2020 with the Displays and Embedded Systems group at SLE. 

Jack says “After completing 3 months of my placement, I have learnt a lot of new skills, new physics and have experienced real-world research and development. I apply the scientific principles I’ve learnt at university and have a lot of say in how I approach my project. The role has a lot more independence than I was expecting from a placement position, but my colleagues are always happy to help if I have any questions or need a hand with anything and always encourage me to try out my ideas. It’s exciting to be working on experiments that may actually contribute to the development of new consumer products, such as smartphones, tablets and laptops. The social side of SLE is also very enjoyable as my colleagues are very friendly. SLE runs many social clubs during lunch times such as Japanese lessons, music groups, drawing, football, running, etc.”

Do you want to be like Jack? 

If this placement opportunity sounds up your alley,then please don’t hesitate to get in touch with placement supervisor Dr Nathan Smith (nathan.smith@sharp.co.uk) or Jack West (Jack.West@sharp.co.uk) And don't forget to let us know how you get on. 

Closing date 9 December 2019.

Popular posts from this blog

Black Professional Networking Event - 25 March 2020

Happy Birthday Hubble! IOP Public Lecture Tuesday 18 February 2020

CAREERS: 'How to Succeed at: Writing Applications' FREE online course