Opportunity to Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro!

Fancy climbing Mount Kilimanjaro to bring clean water and sanitation to communities in Kenya?

Gain experience with an international development organisation
Provide taps and toilets to thousands of people
Reach the roof of Africa and have the experience of a lifetime

INFO TALKS
21st November
2 pm in Hicks LT10 & 5:30 pm in Hicks LT11


My name is Freya and I am a Team Leader for Dig Deep - a charity founded by student volunteers which provides schools and communities with access to clean water, sanitation and hygiene and menstrual health management training in rural Kenya.

I am looking to recruit a team of like-minded individuals to join me on the adventure of a lifetime, fundraising to bring taps and toilets to communities in Kenya and climbing Mount Kilimanjaro! 

Kilimanjaro is one of the most impressive sights in Africa and climbing it is one of the all-time great achievements. It’s the largest freestanding mountain in the world and reaching the summit and watching the sun rise over the vast African plains truly is the experience of a lifetime. The challenge will take place in August-September 2020.

I know this is an amazing opportunity but don't just take my word for it, here is what Megan, one of the 2019 Fundraisers had to say: 

"I signed up to challenge myself, to do something positive for the world and to connect with a group of like-minded people. I have achieved these things, but I didn’t realise how much I’d enjoy every second of it; I’ve gained valuable skills of team management and organising events, as well as running what felt like a small business making and selling Christmas cards! It is so rewarding to be a part of this team, and to see each member striving to meet their fundraising target. The Dig Deep team have been fantastic and so supportive; I hope to work with them again in the future. Thanks so much for giving me this opportunity!" 

Please don't hesitate to send me an email or message, follow our Facebook group here or come along to one of our information talks to find out more details and ask any questions that you may have. 

Freya Cleasby
Sheffield Team Leader

Popular posts from this blog

Black Professional Networking Event - 25 March 2020

Happy Birthday Hubble! IOP Public Lecture Tuesday 18 February 2020

CAREERS: 'How to Succeed at: Writing Applications' FREE online course